Doing laundry is most likely part of your every day routine. But did you know how important taking care of your clothes dryer is to the safety of your home? The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean the lint out. With a few simple safety tips you can help prevent a clothes dryer fire.
- Make sure you clean the lint filter before or after each load of laundry. Remove lint that has collected around the drum.
- Make sure the air exhaust vent pipe is not restricted and the outdoor vent flap will open when the dryer is operating.
- Make sure the right plug and outlet are used and that the machine is connected properly.
- Turn the dryer off if you leave home or when you go to bed.
- If you do have a dryer close the dryer door and the door to the laundry room on the way to getting out the house.
For more information click here.